The Creative Curriculum is incorporated within the preschool classrooms as foundational tools to build common concepts and practices with our young students. This program includes developmentally appropriate goals and objectives for children within four main categories of interest: social/emotional, physical, cognitive and language. The social/emotional stage helps promote independence, self-confidence and self-control. Using exploration and discovery as a way of learning, The Creative Curriculum® for Preschool enables children to develop confidence, creativity, and lifelong critical thinking skills.
The Creative Curriculum® for Preschool
- is based on 38 objectives for development and learning, which now show the seamless progression of learning and development across the whole of the early childhood years, in every area that’s critical to children’s future success.
- presents knowledge-building volumes and daily practice resources in tandem, giving every educator the “what,” “why” and “how” of early childhood education.
- offers daily opportunities to individualize instruction, helping teachers meet the needs of every type of learner.
- addresses all the important areas of learning, from social-emotional and math to technology and the arts, and incorporates them throughout every part of every day.
- offers daily, built-in opportunities for observation, helping teachers and administrators clearly see the strong relationship between curriculum and assessment.
- offers complete support for working with English- and dual-language learners, including detailed guidance that helps to build teachers’ knowledge about best practices.
- contains guidance for working with all learners, including advanced learners and children with disabilities.
Review the currculum further at: https://teachingstrategies.com/
Second Step - Social/Emotional Learning Program
The Power to Grow:
Helps our littlest learners harness their energy and potential by teaching them to:
- Pay attention
- Manage their behavior
- Get along with others
Theme Lessons include:
- Skills for Learning
- Emotion Management
- Friendship Skills and Problem Solving
- Transitioning to Kindergarten