2022-2023 Online Pre-Registration Enrollment Form - Use this link for current year enrollment only. The 23-24 enrollment link can be found at the bottom of Step 1.
2023-2024 PreK/Kindergarten Enrollment Information
Welcome to Hudsonville Public Schools. We are thrilled you have chosen HPS as the destination for your child’s education. We value parent partnership immensely, and we are excited to begin the journey of education with you and your child.
To be eligible, children must be five years of age on or before September 1, 2023. A PreK/Kindergarten waiver form may also be submitted for children who turn five between September 2 - December 1, 2023. These waiver forms will be made available during the registration process.
If possible, please complete the online enrollment prior to the PreK/Kindergarten Showcase hosted by each of our elementary school principals on January 31, 2023 at 6:30 p.m. The first step of enrollment is a pre-registration form. After the pre-registration is submitted you will receive a confirmation email. When the pre-registration is approved by HPS staff you will receive another email with instructions on how to complete your child's enrollment.
If you are unsure of your attendance area building please contact Robin at 616-669-1740 or [email protected].
Please note: If your child is currently attending one of our PreK programs you do not need to re-register.
When you are completing the online registration, you will be required to upload the following documents. These items can be submitted in one of the following file formats: DOC, DOCX, PDF, TXT, RTF, XLS, XLSX, BMP, GIF, JPG, JPEG, PNG
- Original birth certificate with raised seal
- Photo ID of parent or guardian registering student
- Proof of residency (i.e. utility bill, tax statement, house buy/sell agreement, lease agreement)
- Health Appraisal Form which includes dates of immunizations and vision/hearing testing (due by August 11, 2023) Click HERE to download and print the Health Appraisal Form.
- The State of Michigan passed a law to ensure that children have an opportunity to receive a dental screening before they enter kindergarten. HPS does not require that your child have a dental screening in order to attend school, but we do strongly encourage it. Tooth decay is the most common chronic illness in children and can impact eating, speaking and sleep, all of which may prevent them from reaching their full learning potential. CLICK HERE to download the form for your dental office to complete.
Placement Preference - The online registration will include a place for parents to indicate their PreK/Kindergarten placement preference. Final placement determinations will be made after Step 3, PreK/Kindergarten Screening Process, noted below. North and south elementary school PreK locations will be determined prior to the start of the school year.
Please watch the tutorial at this link before starting the registration process.
2023-2024 Online Pre-Registration Link
- Alward Elementary - Principal Heidi Mucha, [email protected]
- Bauer Elementary- Principal Josh Meersma, [email protected]
- Forest Grove Elementary - Principal John Gillette, [email protected]
- Georgetown Elementary - Principal Randy Waldie, [email protected]
- Jamestown Lower Elementary - Principal Peter Geerling, [email protected]
- Park Elementary - Principal MacKenzie Stefanich, [email protected]
- South Elementary - Principal Mark Heagle, [email protected]
Your building principal will provide details regarding the screening process for your child. Every student will participate in a one-on-one screening with current HPS PreK/Kindergarten teachers. The screening process helps us get to know your child as we partner with you to ensure the best learning environments for each of our learners.
- The screening process MUST be completed prior to your child being placed in a PreK or Kindergarten HPS classroom for the 2023-2024 school year.
- If your child currently attends our PreK program, you need not attend the screening. Your child’s screening will be completed by their current teacher during their regular school day.
Parents will be notified of the placement decision by May 31, 2023. Information about a late summer orientation for students and parents will be included in the notification letter.
- Health Appraisal Form
- Dental Health Assessment Information
- Dental Health Assessment Form
- Spanish Kindergarten Registration
- Spanish Family-School Compact Form
- Spanish Dental Health Assessment Information
For more information on the elementary curriculum, visit our curriculum site: