2022-2023 School Year PreK/Kindergarten Enrollment Information
To be eligible, children must be five years of age on or before September 1, 2022. A PreK/Kindergarten waiver request form may also be submitted for children who turn five between September 2 - December 1, 2022. These waiver forms will be made available during the registration process.
After you complete the online pre-registration and your child's enrollment is approved, you will be required to upload the following documents.
- Original birth certificate with raised seal
- Photo ID of parent or guardian registering student
- Proof of residency (i.e. utility bill, tax statement, house buy/sell agreement, lease agreement)
- Health Appraisal Form which includes dates of immunizations and vision/hearing testing (due by August 12, 2022) Click HERE to download and print the Health Appraisal
These items can be submitted in one of the following file formats: DOC, DOCX, PDF, TXT, RTF, XLS, XLSX, BMP, GIF, JPG, JPEG, PNG
Placement Preference - The online registration will include a place for parents to indicate their PreK/Kindergarten placement preference. North and south elementary school PreK locations will be determined prior to the start of the school year.
At that time, your building principal will provide details regarding the screening process for your child. This screening assists principals with final placement details to build the best learning environment for all of our learners.
- The screening process MUST be completed prior to your child being placed in a PreK or Kindergarten HPS classroom for the 2022-2023 school year.
All kindergarten placement requests will be honored. A team will review PreK placement requests. Parents will be notified of the placement decision by May 31, 2022. Information about a late summer orientation for students and parents will be included in the notification letter.
Alward Elementary - Principal Melanie McClure - Orientation Video
Bauer Elementary- Principal Josh Meersma - Orientation Video
Forest Grove Elementary - Principal John Gillette - Orientation Video
Georgetown Elementary - Principal Randy Waldie - Orientation Video
Jamestown Lower Elementary - Principal MacKenzie Stefanich - Orientation Video
Park Elementary - Principal Dawn Heerema - Orientation Video
South Elementary - Principal Mark Heagle - Orientation Video
For more information on the elementary curriculum, visit our curriculum site: