On August 9, 2018, the Board of Education accepted, with regret, the resignation of Board Trustee Mike Ostrander. Mr. Ostrander has served on the Board of Education since 2013 and in his resignation letter, he states, “It has been an honor to serve alongside the Hudsonville Board of Education and represent the school district and community.”
The Board of Education will accept applications for the vacancy created by Mr. Ostrander’s resignation. The term of the vacated office runs through December 31, 2022. This seat will be placed on the November 2020 ballot for a two-year term that begins as soon as the election results are certified. The successful appointee may file to appear on that ballot if he or she so chooses.
Those wishing to apply must do so in writing by August 20, 2018 at 12:00 noon. Interviews will be conducted the evening of August 28, 2018.
Applications should include a letter of interest and the following:
• biographical information, including the length of time residing in the Hudsonville School District,
• relevant employment or other experiences,
• your vision for Hudsonville Public Schools,
• how the Board will benefit by your selection as a trustee,
• what you believe the purpose of the Board of Education is, and
• any other personal or professional information you wish to share.
Please ensure delivery by 12:00 noon on August 20, 2018, to:
Dawn Sneden, Secretary
Board of Education
Hudsonville Public Schools
3886 Van Buren Street
Hudsonville, MI 49426
Please call Superintendent Dr. Doug VanderJagt’s office at 616-669-1740, ext. 1 if you have any questions.